The Use of a permit is required in certain circumstances.

Skips cannot be placed on the highway without a permit and correct signage and lights.  Please Contact Ken O'Connor at Cardigan Environmental if you cannot place on private land (remember the grass verge outside your house may not be owned by you!) as we can still help you organise this.

If you are hiring a skip for your home or business and need to place it on the road you will need a skip permit from your local council. The requirements are laid out in the Highways Act 1980: section 139 road traffic regulations act, 1984. As mentioned we can organise this for you.

If you wish to read the Highways Act 1980: section 139 click here

You cannot place a skip within 15 metres of a junction. Make sure the skip does not obstruct access to your neighbors' access roads or driveways.

Telephone 01239 613257 for Skip Hire in Cardigan areas